Saccharomyces Boulardii, 60 caps, 150 mg, Klaire Labs
S. boulardii is a non-pathogenic probiotic yeast that has broad, versatile gastrointestinal effects. For over 50 years, S. boulardii has been utilized to support normal gastrointestinal function during episodes of dietary and environmental stress. Antibiotics, medications, disease, improper nutrition, and toxins can upset the delicate balance of microflora in the gastrointestinal tract and set the stage for digestive disorders, impaired immune function, increased allergic sensitivity, infection, and inflammation.
S. boulardii is a temperature tolerant microorganism that is unaffected by gastric acid and bile. This unique probiotic does not normally inhabit the intestines and thus does not colonize the intestinal tract. Rather S. boulardii exerts its beneficial effects as it moves through the gastrointestinal tract. Supplementation with S. boulardii can help support the maintenance and restoration of normal gastrointestinal function in numerous ways.
Some of the key functions of S. boulardii include:
• Supports the normal gastrointestinal flora during antibiotic therapy.
• Assists individuals with diarrhea, including antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
• Enhances the number of healthful bifidobacteria in the colon while simultaneously suppressing populations of pathogenic clostridia.
• Mitigates the effects of toxins secreted by a number of common intestinal pathogens.
• Produces antifungal toxins and organic acids known to naturally inhibit or kill disease-causing Candida yeast species.
• Provides support against C. difficile, toxigenic E. coli, and other gastrointestinal pathogens.
• Helps stimulate host immune defenses and improves gut barrier function.
S. boulardii is unaffected by antibacterial agents and therefore may be taken along with antibacterial antibiotics. Capsules may be pulled apart and the contents taken in cool or tepid beverages or semi-solid foods. Avoid use in conjunction with hot beverages and foods. If using prescribed antifungal agents, take S. boulardii at least one hour before and two hours after their use.
This product is free of artificial flavors, preservatives, colorings and the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, and soybeans. People with known allergies to Saccharomyces cervisiae and individuals with chronic indwelling catheters should avoid use of S. boulardii.
S. boulardii is generally used for short-term gastrointestinal support. A common supplement regimen lasts three to four weeks or for up to two weeks after diarrhea has resolved.
This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2000 registered facility.
This product is non-returnable.
|4 × 4 × 9 cm