SugarAssist, 60 tabs, SAFA Lab
This blend of select nutrients and herbal extracts supports healthy blood sugar (glucose) metabolism, protects against oxidation damage, and assists in controlling glycation, the excessive and damaging attachment of glucose to tissue proteins and fats. It is formulated with the following mix of complementary ingredients that provide nutritional support to individuals with glucose intolerance or diabetes.
• Biotin: Biotin is a B-complex vitamin needed for activity of four different human enzyme complexes. In high doses, biotin decreases glucose levels after a meal and assists glucose tolerance and insulin resistance in diabetic animal models. High doses of biotin in humans have been shown to improve blood sugar metabolism in diabetics.
• Chromium: Chromium is an essential trace mineral necessary for sugar metabolism. Chromium combines with a small peptide that binds the insulin receptor and enhances the actions of insulin. Chromium improves glucose tolerance by potentiating the uptake of glucose and other nutrients. Chromium supplementation has been shown to improve blood lipid (fat) levels. Chromium in the form of chromium polynicotinate and as chromium nicotinate gylcinate chelate is provided to facilitate maximal absorption and biological activity.
• Vanadium: This trace mineral is also involved in glucose metabolism. It enhances insulin sensitivity thereby increasing tissue glucose utilization. In laboratory studies vanadium can mimic the action of insulin inhibiting new sugar production, increasing sugar breakdown, and augmenting formation of glycogen, a storage form of glucose. Through its positive effects on sugar metabolism, vanadium appears to protect pancreatic beta cells, the cells that secrete insulin and are gradually destroyed in diabetes. This product supplies vanadium as vanadyl sulfate.
• Alpha-Lipoic Acid: This naturally occurring sulfur-containing compound is an important antioxidant, enzyme cofactor and metal chelator. People can synthesize small amounts of alpha-lipoic acid, but supplementation is necessary to attain the high levels needed for many of its observed benefits. Alpha-lipoic acid has been found to activate insulin signaling and enhance glucose uptake. This reduces insulin resistance and blood glucose levels. It may also have beneficial effects in diabetics with nerve disease (neuropathy) and improve the function of the lining (endothelium) of blood vessels.
• N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine: Tissue-damaging processes related to excess glucose contributes to many of the health concerns associated with impaired glucose metabolism. The antioxidant N-acetyl-L-cysteine helps lower the degree of damage by helping protect and recycle other antioxidants in the body.
• Banaba Leaf Extract: The compounds in Banaba leaf extract have been shown to enhance transport of glucose into cells and thus play an effective role in balancing blood glucose and insulin levels. Since appetite and certain food cravings are related to fluctuations in blood sugar and insulin, Banaba leaf extract may have a beneficial effect in certain individuals by reducing caloric intake and promoting moderate weight loss.
• Gymnema Extract: The active constituents in Gymnema sylvestre help maintain normal blood glucose metabolism by suppressing transport of glucose from the intestine into the bloodstream. Several human studies have shown significant benefits on blood glucose and cholesterol levels during use of Gymnema.
This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2000 registered facility.